// Thursday, Oct 16
- Nightbreed: Director’s Cut x Clive Barker Pop-Up, at Cinefamily, West Hollywood.
Co-presented by SpectreFest, a special show x tell with Clive in person, feat: 1) glimpses of audio/video/ephemera that’s inspired him 2) screenings of the new Director’s Cut 3) a pop-up gallery of memorabilia, new paintings, x Clive’s visual manifestation collection: The Dream Diaries.
Clive Barker in-person 7:30pm | Oct 21-22 8pm
// Friday, Oct 17
- Jed Ochmanek | Barak Zemer | Meghan Gordon, at ltd losangeles, West Hollywood.
Sundials by Jed Ochmanek x Cold Feet, Sweaty Hands by Barak Zemer x some times by Meghan Gordon. Facebook Event.
opening reception[s] 7-10pm
- The All-Night Horror Show, at Cinefamily, West Hollywood.
Grindhouse Film Festival x Heavy Midnites presents a terror-filled fright fest in 35mm! Facebook Event.
doors 7pm | show 8pm
// Saturday, Oct 18
- Mutant Salon x Closing of Young Joon Kwak: Mother Spill, at Commonwealth & Council, Koreatown.
A collective space for art, beautification, self-care, collaboration x community, Mutant Salon hosts this one-day event coinciding with the closing party— reconfiguring the exhibition by offering haircuts, beauty x body work, tarot, tattoos, x more. Plus, Super[wo]man transformation by Young Joon Kwak, Alli Miller, x John Olivo. Facebook Event.
salon x closing 3-7pm | transformation 5pm
- EUREKA & the BIOMASS, at 5 car Garage, Santa Monica.
Enjoy some slime* at the opening of Megan May Daalder’s show in anticipation of the sci-fi mini-musical coinciding with the exhibition, premiering Nov 6, 7, 8. Facebook Event. RSVP for location map.
opening reception 4-6pm | thru Nov 10
- A Colonial Penchant, at LAST Projects Gallery, Hollywood.
New works by artists Karl Jean-Guerly Pétion, Paul Lewin, x Adrienne Heloise provoke alternative x mythic identities through a varied practice of appropriation of popular x historical forms of representation. Facebook Event.
opening reception 7-11pm | thru Nov 8
- Fountainsun (Dan Higgs from Lungfish) + Fletcher Tucker + Sun Araw + DJ Jimi Hey, at HM17, Lincoln Heights.
Co-presented with Human Resources. Hosted at HM17. Facebook Event.
sounds 9pm | all ages
// Sunday, Oct 19
- Ed Clark: A Thousand Lights of Sun, at The Mistake Room, DTLA.
The first ‘institutional’ local monographic’ exhibition in Los Angeles devoted to the work of American artist Ed Clark. Facebook Event.
opening reception 1-3pm | thru Dec 20
- Two Fold, at South Of Sunset, Echo Park.
Group show of works considering a skewed relationship to the concept of folding— whether through fragmentation or re-arrangement. Curated by Lia Trinka-Browner. Facebook Event.
open Sundays 1-4pm | thru Oct 22
- VINEGAR SYNDROME: Super8 Horror Movie Halloween Show, at Echo Park Film Center, Echo Park.
Grab bag of classic x B-horror flicks from EPFC’s Super8 collection. Live music score from Cosmo Segurson on the organ x Gordon Kurowski on theremin. Plus candy…
- Makino Takashi: Entering a Noisy Cosmos, at Spielberg Theatre at the Egyptian, Hollywood.
The Japanese avant-garde filmmaker’s hallucinatory x experiential worlds transcend into ‘physical unconsciousness.’ Space Noise 3D is an immersive live cinema work for 16mm, projectors, live score, smoke machines, x 3D glasses. He’s here IRL for the sensory performance along with 3 shorts with music by Jim O’Rourke.
7:30pm | tickets
// Monday, Oct 20
- CASEY ANDERSON x SCOTT CAZAN x KATHERINE YOUNG + AMY CIMINI, at MATA, West Adams.
doors 10pm | sounds 10:30pm
// Tuesday, Oct 21
- Night Papers 6 Launch, at Night Gallery, DTLA.
Issue no. 6 launch party for the special ed. for Sexy Beast with performances from Jellyy x The Fvckables.
// Wednesday, Oct 22
- Lizzie Fitch / Ryan Trecartin, at Regen Projects, Hollywood.
New collaborative works from feat. the artists’ signature ‘sculptural theaters.’ Central to the show’s multi-channel movie is a large-scale installation taking form as a hybrid tent-structure— serving to extend the built environment into the digitized narrative & landscape of the accompanying film.
opening reception: 6-8pm
thru Nov 26
- David Lucien Matheke: Interior Void, at CSUN Art & Design Center, Northridge.
New paintings x ritualistic sculptures from the visual x sound artist (Endometrium Cuntplow).
thru Oct 18
- Fay Ray: Part Object, at Samuel Freeman, Culver City.
Sculpture, painting, photographs, & photomontage spill onto the gallery’s exterior.
extended thru Oct 18
- New Gravity, at Overduin & Co., Hollywood.
Group show feat Frank Benson, Judith Hopf, Angie Keefer, Kitty Kraus, Mahony, Oliver Payne, & Chadwick Rantanen. Curated by Olivian Cha & Eli Diner.
extended thru Oct 25
- Pascual Sisto: The Sum Over Histories, at Smart Objects, Echo Park.
New works in sculplture x neons based on drawings of Nobel Prize winning author Richard Feynman. Plus a video x re-release of The Art of Richard P. Feynman: Images by a Curious Character. Facebook Event.
thru Oct 26
- Stan VanDerBeek: Poemfield, at The Box, DTLA.
5 of 8 computer-animated films from the pioneering artist’s Poemfield series presented as large-scale projections— ea. exploring how the machine could be a medium for creative x physical freedom.
thru Nov 1
—Follow our blog to receive an email when Weekly WOAH posts. Drop us a line to share your event. All images courtesy artist x venue listed.